Library Specialist V for Audiovisual Collections and Services – Southern Methodist University (Dallas, Texas)
The Library Specialist V for Audiovisual Collections and Services is responsible for operations of the Audiovisual Center within the Hamon Arts Library and shares circulation supervision responsibility with two other staff members.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing circulation of all types of library materials and assisting in processing course reserves; assisting in hiring, training and supervising student staff;
- Assisting with preservation and access to audiovisual (AV) services and collections (including helping patrons use AV equipment, overseeing digital reformatting and storage of AV materials and maintaining library systems for online access to AV materials);
- Managing library patrons accounts and processing fines/fess; providing support for library equipment, including computers, scanners and audiovisual playback equipment;
- Assisting with patrons with general information and assisting patrons with requests (e.g. concert recording requests, holds/recall and missing item searches);
- Overseeing gathering of library statistics, library security and opening/closing procedures.
- This position works evening and weekend hours while SMU classes are in session, with some daytime hours between terms.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of work experience is required, preferably in a public service or library environment.
- Library experience and substantial knowledge of the fine arts is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Candidates must possess strong computer skills and experience, preferably with integrated library systems and media file editing
- Basic familiarity with use and maintenance of audiovisual playback equipment is essential.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with
- faculty, students and staff. Must possess a strong public service orientation.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must also have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Priority consideration may be given to submissions received by March 23, 2012.
To apply, visit http://smu.edu/hr/recruit/ and search for Job ID 900135 under Staff Career Opportunities.
Deadline to Apply: March 30, 2012
Oferta de empleo: Library Specialist V for Audiovisual Collections and Services en Dallas (Texas, EEUU)
Publicado el 2012/03/29 por Cristina Martí