Alexander Street Press is an award-winning publisher of electronic databases and collections in the humanities, located in Alexandria, VA, recognized by our customers and peers for producing products of outstanding quality. We see understanding customer needs and delivering high quality and innovative products as the root of our success.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time cataloging contractor to do copy cataloging of classical, international, and popular music materials (recorded music and sheet music) in our Alexandria, Virginia office.
- 2 years experience with music cataloging, required.
- 2 years experience with MARC21 format, required.
- 2 years experience with LC authorities, required.
- 2 years experience with OCLC cataloging styles, highly desirable.
- Cataloger’s familiarity with European languages (French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Portuguese), highly desirable. This means a practical cataloging familiarity, not a full reading or speaking knowledge: ability to recognize the different languages, recognizing words representing articles (A, An, The equivalents) and numbers, recognition of acceptable diacritics for the language, etc.
- Experience with MarcReport software, including validation and error identification, desirable.
This is a full-time contract position. We prefer to have staff work on-site.
Starting hourly rate from $18.00 per hour.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Ms. Pat Carlson at email@example.com.
Posted on 2012/03/27 by Cristina Martí