Salary: Not Specified
Date Posted: June 18, 2012 – Job ID#: 900204 – Central University Libraries/Scholarly Resources and Research Services – (Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Appointment will be at the rank of Librarian I or II depending upon qualifications and experience. The Music Librarian works with other members of the Hamon Arts Library to provide specialized user services in arts and communications.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- collection development and management in music;
- serves as a liaison to the Music Division in the Meadows School of the Arts;
- reference services, including in person and online reference assistance, primarily in the arts;
- user education in music, including preparing and updating subject research guides and providing individual and classroom-based instruction;
- oversight of Audiovisual Center operations, including the supervision of one library specialist;
- development and improvement of media delivery methods.
Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution is required. Degree in music is strongly preferred.
Experience in an academic or arts library is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of music and media technology, and the ability to work effectively with faculty and students.
- Candidate must demonstrate familiarity with library resources in all formats as well as copyright law and licensing issues as they pertain to sound recordings.
- Must also possess the ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
Priority consideration will be given to submissions received by June 29, 2012. The position is open until filled.
To Apply: Please visit our website http://smu.edu/hr/recruit/ to access the online application. Click on “Career Opportunities” and apply to Job ID# 900204.
Southern Methodist University will not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. SMU’s commitment to equal opportunity includes non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.