Job Title: Librarian I Music/Media Catalog Librarian
Job Number: 2012-178
Department: Library – 33800
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
The Mary Couts Burnett Library at Texas Christian University seeks a Catalog Librarian for Music and Media materials.
- Catalogs music resources (including scores and sound recordings), video recordings (primarily DVD’s), books, and other formats as assigned.
- The cataloging process will include searching for and selecting appropriate records from OCLC in order to verify, update, correct and/or complete descriptive and subject cataloging; reviewing, checking and correcting metadata; reviewing and selecting appropriate subject headings; assigning classification numbers. Original records will be created and entered into OCLC when necessary.
- Additional cataloging functions include performing MARC tagging in conformity with local and national requirements and standards; evaluating choice and form of access points; performing authority work as needed for names, uniform titles, and series.
- Works with supervisor and colleagues to resolve workflow issues, prioritizing assigned tasks based on departmental needs.
- Contributes to library internal communication by serving on committees, task forces, and teams as assigned.
- MLS (ALA accredited).
- Skill to communicate clearly and grammatically both orally and in writing.
- Ability to review and make recommendations to improve and streamline processes.
- Knowledge of planning and organizing.
- Working knowledge of current standardized tools for description and access to information.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of music terminology, genres, repertoire, and publication formats.
- Library experience, preferably in Cataloging and/or Technical Services.
- Proficiency in library specific computer applications.
- Degree in Music.
- Working knowledge of at least one major European language.
- Attention to detail and the ability to master complex procedures.
Please upload a cover letter and resume after submitting application. Applications received by October 15, 2012 will be given first consideration.
To apply, please visit: https://tcu.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=2012-178